doing DM instructors course in Asia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funktup

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone, I am going to be in Asia from december and want to do my dive masters and instructor course.

Could anyone recommend anywhere to do it? I was thinking of Thailand but am open to any suggestions.

Any idea of what the cost would be? obviously i want somewhere with a great reputation but also cost effective.

How easy is it to get work afterwards?

Thanks

You will get a lot of responses shortly. I suggest searching in the Thai section as this has come up many times over the last few years. Best to check out a few locations if you can.

If you do a search in the Asia section, you will find loads of information and also adds.

to say the truth, I would be really careful because many operations promise you to educate from a beginner (with less than 25 dives) to a divemaster within some weeks for only a tiny (if any) fee. Please consider that only the divemaster course takes about 4-6 weeks (a serious one).

Do you have the Advanced and Rescue diver? If not: Would you trust somebody who offers you the truck license if the "student" just did the car license? I wouldn't have felt experienced enough at that very moment!

I really hope your profile is wrong and you have more experience than stated here.

I have now done 30 dives and will be spending my first month diving and doing my Rescue diver in Phuket. By then i would expect to have logged another 40 to 50 dives.

It is after that time that I need the advice and suggestions. I am looking to do it over a few months as i want to do it properly.

It doesnt need to be in Thailand where i do my DM though.

Thanks

You could do your DM and Instructor training in Coron, Palawan, Philippines. Your DM training would take place on dives around the Busuanga Wrecks. For details and prerequisites contact me by email gunter.bernert@tdisdi.com or info@ddivers.com

I will do my DM in sri lanka in january 2010, still have to decide with which center yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom