Does your LDS offer a frequent diver plan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What kind of plans does your LDS have for frequent divers?

Just wondering, as my LDS had a very good plan which they are discontinuing :(. ($99 per year got me free refills, 10 to15% off purchases & discounts on classes.) Hopefully I’ll hear a good plan, which I can suggest to replace their existing.
I am guessing by free refills, you mean on rentals. Many of our shops have unlimited refills in a 24 hr period but most if not all have shortened their business hours. [I live in Hawaii and do most of my diving on the other side of the island (2 hr drive) so a few hours matter.] A couple of shops have standby dives for free when there is space, plus 50% off charters for $200/year.

My main shop taught me how to use the O2 and Nitrox banks and gives me a discount on fills for doing it myself. I've spent enough money there that they let me run a tab for a couple months at a time. I haven't decided if that's beneficial to me yet. Convenient for sure, but it stings to clear it off and I never realize the damage I'm doing until it's too late. The next one has regs, a light, and a bunch of miscellaneous gear on it, so that'll be fun.

they let me run a tab for a couple months at a time. I haven't decided if that's beneficial to me yet. Convenient for sure, but it stings to clear it off and I never realize the damage I'm doing until it's too late. The next one has regs, a light, and a bunch of miscellaneous gear on it, so that'll be fun.

Sweet, I gotta pick up some new gear. I'll tell 'em to put it on Helodriver's tab. :D

Sweet, I gotta pick up some new gear. I'll tell 'em to put it on Helodriver's tab. :D

You could probably fill a set of doubles with trimix and it would get lost in the mix. I think I have a drysuit repair invoice on there too

Actually I'm pretty happy that my shop hasn't offered me a running tab. I don't think it would end well for me financially!

Back
Top Bottom