Does your LDS offer a frequent diver plan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I only dream of getting fills this cheap, and you wish you could get a better deal ! You are joking, sure you are,no?
You don't want to know what we are charged for fills where I live, and Nitrox is .....:spend:
My Nitrox is about $12-$15 per fill so I never get Nitrox unless I absolutely need it. Rather carry a 50% O2 deco bottle.

Sorry to that your fills are so expensive. Atleast the water is much warmer and full of more life then out here. Couldn't deal with it anymore and had to go drysuit xD
Happy Diving

My LDS doesn't exist, thankfully I could get fills from my instructor, he didn't have a card but let me fill on credit. I always cleared up my bill at the end of the month. I joined the local dive team and now my fills are covered. I only pay for nitrox fills. good thing I have credit

Local dive boat (not a shop) does a dive club membership. For $239/$339 a month you can hope as many dive charters as you want (provided they have room of course) and free fills. They do cap the number of divers on the boats, but open it up as it gets closer if people paying the full rate haven’t filled it up. Price difference covers a few of the further afield dive spots.
I am not sure where this compares to a golf club membership, I would certainly consider that membership I don't play golf...The perks are awesome, if you dive 10 times a week at my $10 a fill cost, thats $100 easy math. I wish there was something similar here on the east coast. our quarries are all closed to the public. and the lake diving here is great if you like <40 feet vis

My Nitrox is about $12-$15 per fill so I never get Nitrox unless I absolutely need it. Rather carry a 50% O2 deco bottle.

Sorry to that your fills are so expensive. Atleast the water is much warmer and full of more life then out here. Couldn't deal with it anymore and had to go drysuit xD
Happy Diving
I like diving dry, getting dressed post dive is so much easier. no wet neoprene to fight with on any level

I like diving dry, getting dressed post dive is so much easier. no wet neoprene to fight with on any level
I swear when I read your location... it said you were diving in Queensland Aus... Too early in the westcoast I guess.

Yes, I think the benefits of diving dry are huge. In retrospect, I should of started dry much earlier!

Our LDS has several punch card options. 20% off air fills when you buy a 10-punch card. 20% off the cost of any fun dive (held three days a week during summer) when you buy a 10-punch card. Classes are discounted if you take them while on a trip with the LDS. They do their best to offer up to 15% of big purchases of gear.

What kind of plans does your LDS have for frequent divers?

Just wondering, as my LDS had a very good plan which they are discontinuing :(. ($99 per year got me free refills, 10 to15% off purchases & discounts on classes.) Hopefully I’ll hear a good plan, which I can suggest to replace their existing.
Mine sells "fill cards." $300 for 25 nitrox fills 40% or less. They also have air cards that are cheaper but I've never bought one. One of the nice benefits of the cards is that if the price goes up, the fill punches on the card will remain valid. You don't pay the higher price until it's time for your next card. A few years ago they raised the price from $250 to 300 shortly after I bought a card and I was pleased as punch with this policy.

Also, training for anything they sell is free/included (if you want it). That was nice when I bought my first drysuit from them.

I am not sure where this compares to a golf club membership, I would certainly consider that membership I don't play golf...The perks are awesome, if you dive 10 times a week at my $10 a fill cost, thats $100 easy math. I wish there was something similar here on the east coast. our quarries are all closed to the public. and the lake diving here is great if you like <40 feet vis

Yeah it's an interesting model. Charters normally range between $100-$150 so it doesn't take many to pay for itself. However you of course incur the added costs of tipping the crew and of course spending that much per month instead of doing other things or doing trips on different boats.

I swear when I read your location... it said you were diving in Queensland Aus... Too early in the westcoast I guess.

Yes, I think the benefits of diving dry are huge. In retrospect, I should of started dry much earlier!
About as center of New England as I can get. 2 hours from the coast, all the lakes and murky rivers I could ever want to dive, I can go in a shorty in the summer in the river or dive dry all year round either is acceptable for our conditions. the thermal cline in most lakes is below 40 even in the summer depending on how deep the lake is.

We have a couple LDSs that offer equivalent price in fills with the purchase of a tank. Fabulous deal when you want to buy a tank, not so good when you want to sell one, at least locally. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom