Does your LDS offer a frequent diver plan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doctor Rig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
What kind of plans does your LDS have for frequent divers?

Just wondering, as my LDS had a very good plan which they are discontinuing :(. ($99 per year got me free refills, 10 to15% off purchases & discounts on classes.) Hopefully I’ll hear a good plan, which I can suggest to replace their existing.

They had a make it such a pain in the ass to get (Nitrox) fills that I’d just go elsewhere plan.

The dive op that I use for diving sells five trips for AED1,000 cash (USD273.22). Each trip is a two tank dive. If you pay on the day for a trip with a credit card or cash it's AED230 (USD62.84), so I save AED150 (USD40.98), which is more than enough to pay for fuel for two of the five trips between Dubai and Fujairah.

For gas, my LDS sells Nitrox fills slightly less if you buy a card for 12 fills, it's slightly cheaper (USD5.69) than buying the gas a tank at a time (USD6.8).

Local quarry. 12 dives for the price of 10 on their private site.

And 12 fills for the price of 10 card

$150 (equiv) for unlimited fills, joining weekly local shore dives, 10% off purchases, borrowing stuff as needed (tanks, extra wetsuits, whatnot). The “borrow stuff as needed” isn’t part of the official agreement, it’s just in practice.

What kind of plans does your LDS have for frequent divers?

Just wondering, as my LDS had a very good plan which they are discontinuing :(. ($99 per year got me free refills, 10 to15% off purchases & discounts on classes.) Hopefully I’ll hear a good plan, which I can suggest to replace their existing.
I would say that was a pretty good plan. Someone who was very active could do pretty well with that. Are they offering anything in its place?

In my local area, there are no such plans because there is pretty much no local diving. Dive travel is big here, and some of the shops offer discounts to people who do a number of group trips.

I spend part of every year in south Florida, where there is local diving. All the dive operations I know offer some kind of discount programs for fills and dive trips.

$160 CAD gets you 30 fills. Fills included with Visuals. Free fills for all on Canada Day (July 1), when except for 2020, I'm always in the U.S.

Lol, one shop that may have closed down? this year liked to have draws and raffles for ‘free fills’ or ‘free O2’ for a year...

I asked the owner what they meant...

AL80, anything else, no ‘free’ fill

# of Fills ... 1-2 per month

O2 ... 1 <32% fill per month

Still ‘free’ but is it worth the hassle?

_R

Local dive boat (not a shop) does a dive club membership. For $239/$339 a month you can hope as many dive charters as you want (provided they have room of course) and free fills. They do cap the number of divers on the boats, but open it up as it gets closer if people paying the full rate haven’t filled it up. Price difference covers a few of the further afield dive spots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom