Does UTD allow free-lance instructors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello:

I was considering a UTD Divemaster course followed by a UTD Instructor course. I was wondering if UTD instructors have to be affiliated with dive shops to be active like SSI or are they allowed to teach courses independently of diveshops? Thanks.

Independent and very well supported.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Independent and very well supported.

Agree 100 percent. I teach at HQ, but if I had enough gear and a pool to teach in, they'd support me in being an independent with great discounts on UTD gear, all the necessary training materials, course/teaching curriculum, etc. If the only agency you teach for is UTD, you don't even have to pay an annual instructor fee.

UTD's classes are a pleasure to teach. One of the best thought out and most comprehensive scuba training programs anywhere.

They really do "begin with the end in mind." All courses have been structured by working backwards from the skills & knowledge needed for the highest level trimix courses... They wind that all the way back to beginner/OW/Essentials level, but keeping the same essential core principles, with progressively structured skills & knowledge development.

Brilliant stuff.

Last edited:
I am an independent UTD instructor. All the above said is true.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom