Does DAN/GENERALI Travel Insurance "Emergency Assistance" ever pick up the phone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carlkcarlk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We have DAN/GENERALI Travel Insurance (Premium). For three days, I've been calling their 240-330-1529 international assistance number. After 20+ minutes on hold, I give up.

So,
  • Don't count on their emergency assistance.
We're in COVID isolation so I really just want to talk to somebody about receipts, etc, for the insurance, but the insurance number is a "1-800" number, so I can't easily call it from overseas.

- Carl

We have DAN/GENERALI Travel Insurance (Premium). For three days, I've been calling their 240-330-1529 international assistance number. After 20+ minutes on hold, I give up.

So,
  • Don't count on their emergency assistance.
We're in COVID isolation so I really just want to talk to somebody about receipts, etc, for the insurance, but the insurance number is a "1-800" number, so I can't easily call it from overseas.

- Carl
My policy (annual travel) says to call +1 202 974 6480.
The per-trip policies do indeed say to call 240-330-1529, collect. The policy says:
When calling, you should have available your Policy/ Reference number and Plan Code, your location, a local telephone number, and details of the situation. After your coverage has been verified, the assistance provider will assist you. If you cannot call collect from your location, dial direct and give the assistance provider your telephone number and location and they will call you back. To call collect from a foreign country you may first need to reach a live operator on the line. In some cases, that operator may not understand how to process collect calls to the United States. To be prepared, please visit www. consumer.att.com/global/english/away/directservice. html for information on how to reach an English-speaking operator. If you were unable to reach Generali collect and paid for your call, we will ask you for a number to call you back so you will pay no further charges.

Your not being able to get through seems unusual. What country are you calling from?

I'm in Grand Cayman. To clarify, I could get through but was on hold for a long, long time and gave up. There was no message saying how long the wait was, just music.

I'm happy to report that I called in yesterday evening (8 pm eastern) and was able to get through. He started a file for our situation. (He also gave us that 2029746480 international number for policy information, Thanks!)

I got a fast reply altho it may be an auto reply, but you could try emailing questions. Like every other call center, it says "currently receiving an unusually high volume of calls." This is what I got...
Dear Traveler, Thank you for your email. We are currently receiving an unusually high volume of calls and email requests. If you have been trying to reach us via phone, there will be high wait times. We are experiencing delays in completing certain policy requests but rest assured that we will complete your requests as soon as we can. First, we sincerely hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy during this very difficult period. As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to rapidly evolve, Generali Global Assistance wants to make sure that we keep you informed and that all of our customers receive useful tools if you have questions. Although we are experiencing unprecedented claims, assistance requests and call volumes, we are 100% committed to helping our customers as quickly as possible. Travel Insurance To learn more about travel insurance coverage and services including applying your insurance premium to a postponed trip, see our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advisory, FAQs and Voucher Program. Status of your claim Our team is working around the clock to finalize claims as quickly as possible. Knowing that this pandemic will place limitations on all of us, we ask that you be patient in the weeks ahead. Please allow us time to assign your claim to a Claim Representative. Once your claim is assigned, your claim representative will perform an initial review of the documentation you submitted. Once the initial review has been completed, we will reach out to you via email if additional information is required. Under normal circumstance, the claims process can take up to 30 days, however, we are experiencing an extraordinarily high volume of calls, emails and claims and appreciate your understanding that additional time may be necessary to process your claim. If you have coverage questions, you may reference the list of covered events, terms and conditions listed in your Description of Coverage/ Insurance Policy. Starting a Claim If you incur a loss and need to file a claim, please visit our eClaims portal by following the link located on your original policy confirmation letter. You may also click on the link below to initiate your claim: www.generalitravel.com/claims Many details affect the outcome of a claim and a Claims Representative always makes the final determination after reviewing your case. Again, assisting our travelers in their time of need is and always has been our number one mission and priority. Warm regards, Generali Global Assistance

I emailed again to ask if a live person is sending mail or not. It seems that they are coming from one. Email seems faster than phone calls.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom