Does anyone know about any TDI regulator repair courses offered in the near future?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kr2y5

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have not found much... also, wondering if anything about the course (e.g., the prerequisites, type of equipment used during the class) have changed recently.

I am a TDI Reg Repair Instructor and the answer is no. Still only covers HOG regs and the pre requisites have not changed. If you want the outline for the course I teach shoot me your email. Can't attach it to a PM.

How long does the class take The nearest TDI anything is 300 miles away from me I would have to travel at least that far.

How long does the class take The nearest TDI anything is 300 miles away from me I would have to travel at least that far.

The HOG course takes a full day and certifies you to work on your own reg.

Their repair course only certifies you on Aeris or Dive Rite, not HOG or Edge.

Which HOG or EDGE: has the replaceable first stage seat (like the Zeagle)?

They all have a replaceable seat. And that full day depends on students, gear covered, and how fast everyone picks up the material. Mine is usually a day and a half. Or one ten hour day. That can be a bear so I prefer to do the two day version. I also do private classes at no extra cost if the student is willing to travel to me.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added July 21st, 2014 at 06:00 AM ----------

And not all tdi facilities or instructors can offer it. Last I heard there were about 40 of us that could teach the course. Worldwide. There may be a few more now as that was a while ago that I heard that figure.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom