Does anyone have the Aeris LX BCD with Silverjack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cawzt3

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Does anyone have the Aeris LX BCD with Silverjack?

ive been looking all over, and cant find out any real info on this setup.

IT JUST SAYS THAT IT MOUNTS TO THE AERIS LX BCD. BUT WHERE???

The Aeris Silver Jack Knife is small and compact and with the easy pull sheath, it can be deployed easily. The Aeris Silver Jack Knife has a 3 inch blade and is made of 304 stainless. The Aeris Silver Jack Knife can also be attached to the back of an Aeris Atmos 2 Console.

I assume you're referring to the Atmos LX

There are mounting points on each side of the BCD right where you'd put your quick-release weight pockets. Two holes about 3 inches apart, reinforced with metal rings. When you have it set-up you'll reach for your knife and find it just above your quick-release handle.

I had the earlier version of LX BC. I believe it was the Atmos XT. I mounted the knife with the handle facing down on the inflator hose using black tie wraps. I found it more comfortable and easier to access than mounting it on the cumberband.

Since then I've gone BP/W, but still mount that knife on the inflator hose. Habits are hard to break I guess.

First id like to thank you guys, the info from both of you was very helpful. i just wish they had included those 2 cents on their internet ads.

anyways now i know. you guys like the little silverjack knife?

i figured it would be small and out of the way, but there incase i need it.

I have mine mounted on my 5 Oceans and love it... I joke about getting another one so I can dual wield...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom