does anyone have experience with this problem??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sister scuba

Reaction score
Hi All,
It is nice to have a place to get ideas and chat about diving.
I have a problem.After reading some of the others that logged on I don't believe it is a unique one.
I have 8 dives under my belt.
They range from warm water to cold water.
All of my experiences I have had slight nausea on the dive ,it doesn't seem to matter at what depth.
In about 20 minutes into the dive I get quite dizzy.I need to come up asap.
At the safety stop I breathe calmly,it doesn;t seem to help.
When I return to the surface Both of these symptoms get worse. I am miserable for about 1hr with the vertigo, The spinning, and the nausea stays for about 24 hrs.
Any ideas on what this is about??My ears seem to equalize without a problem.
I do pay attention to my breathing slow deep in and out breaths.
Any help on this would be of interest.

I don't have any experience with your symptoms, but it sounds like ear trouble. At least that would explain dizzyness and the vertigo,.. but what do I know,.. I'm not a doctor.

A true, spinning vertigo is extremely likely to be due to inner ear trouble, and in a diver, that is even more probable. A visit to an ENT doc sounds like it is in order.

I'm not a Dr. or any kind of expert at all, but could it possibly be motion/sea sickness? What I'm wondering is does it happen on both boat dives & shore dives?

Wife has these problems, after some experimentation and consulting with DAN she takes motion sickness pills (get sea sick very easy) and decends and ascends very slowly... seems to have addressed the problem, doing just one doesnt fully resolve the problem. I would suggest both contacting DAN and seeing your doctor for a referral to a ENT to make sure there is nothing wrong.

Thanks, I will ask my dr. about that and take your advice on the decent and ascent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom