Does anyone have experience with Nationwide travel insurance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uncfnp

Solo Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I am looking for a reasonably priced plan to cover a LOB trip this fall, mostly something that includes coverage if trip impacted by weather. Any opinion?

I don't have any experience with Nationwide, but a couple years ago I bought trip insurance from CAA (AAA in the US) to cover a trip on a LOB during hurricane season. I seem to remember that it had a clause stating that it would cover delays due to named storms.

I get insurance from Allianz. They have covered losses without issues in the past without much fuss.

What type / level of coverage do you want?

I vaguely remember past discussions about a plan that would actually refund for missed LOB dives cancelled by the boat due to weather: if you only got 20 dives instead of 25 for the week then you got a payout - I have no idea how they determine the per dive value...

My "free" credit card travel insurance is basically useless as it's trip interruption insurance only starts after arrival at destination and only covers medical causes.

Blue Cross has been awesome for weather related travel delays getting to and from trips.

Insurance is state regulated so the plan specifics may vary by state even if the product has the same name / price.

Thanks guys. I knew it was a long shot but wanted to check here before I gave them a call with specific questions. The quoted price online was about half that for others but then again its just a prelim number.

I am looking for a reasonably priced plan to cover a LOB trip this fall, mostly something that includes coverage if trip impacted by weather. Any opinion?

Thanks guys. I knew it was a long shot but wanted to check here before I gave them a call with specific questions. The quoted price online was about half that for others but then again its just a prelim number.

Download the policy - the contract - and read it.

Only you can decide if the contract covers the risks that you wish to offset.

Words and Events will be defined in the policy and the overall ‘tone’ of the contract should be easy to read.

The coverage, your mutual duties will be black ink on white paper.

I have Nationwide for my home and auto insurance and they have been excellent. I have not used them for travel insurance. I am now offering Travelex to my travel clients which is underwritten by Berkshire Hathaway. I offer a 10% discount.

Quotes are free here: Travelex: Great Travel Insurance at the Right Price

Back
Top Bottom