Does anyone have any information on a diver death at Palau on Jan 21st?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I was on the Sam's Tours boat when it happened. The 33 year old male victim from London, who was a good diver, was scheduled to fly that day. He had been scuba diving for 3 days, but was free diving really deep (70 to 75 feet) because he was scheduled to fly. He had no buddy. He made the first dive ok, but on the second dive was found unconscious at 75 feet by the divemaster leading a group of scuba divers. Speculation is that he succumbed to shallow water blakcout as he surfaced from this deep breath hold dive, and sank back to 75 feet, where he came to rest on a ledge.

Thanks for the reports, folks. Was the accident reported in any newspaper? In Palau or the UK?

hello gari, my names jayden i am 15 and from Australia and was on the boat at sams tours the day before this happened and was friends with Robin. I am so upset at this tragedy and am just glad he passed away doing something he really loved as he was a great mate. If you have any more information i would be very happy to hear from you
thanks for your help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom