Does a Santi BZ200 + a Whites Fusion Thermal = a BZ400

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grey Goose

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Folks,

When the water is cold, I dive a Santi BZ400 and am plenty warm in mid to high thirties. A buddy of mine just picked up a used BZ200, well worn but serviceable. What do folks think of him pairing it with his Whites fusion thermal undergarment for cold dives (under 40F) Can he assume this combination will have similar thermal properties to the BZ400. I'd think it would be somewhat bulky but does anyone have any thoughts on combining the two. Wearing just the fusion plus a base layer (top and bottom of merino wool or similar) is a bit cold at these temperatures, as one approaches the hour mark. A second question is which one would be warmer on its own: the fusion or the BZ200? Many thanks!

I dive in 32F regularly with just a thermal fusion and minimal base layer under my drysuit - up to a few hours in the water - it's more than fine.

I am right across the river from you in Michigan.

All of us are different however. I would probably die in thermal fusion + the other bz200

Everyone is different. Sometimes ya just gotta jump in the water and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom