Documentary Film

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi All!

My name is Scott and I'm actually joining the community to see if I can find some help. I'm a documentary filmmaker and I'm looking for someone that has SCUBA gear that would be willing to help me out with some filming.

I'm producing a True-Crime Documentary about a double murder in Royse City, Texas. Part of the State's theory was that the perpetrator ditched the murder weapon in a local lake. I'm not sure on what the regulations are on diving in the lakes, so I would need someone with this knowledge as well.

I would like to find someone that would be willing to go down to the bottom of the lake around the area they believe the weapon might have been ditched, and let us film the process. There would be a small compensation for reimbursement, but mostly I'm looking for someone that would be willing to do it for the experience of being in a documentary, and possibly helping to solve a crime.

Times and dates are flexible. Please inbox me if you are interested or feel you can help out in any way. Thank you so much in advance!

Scott

You might post a flyer at ScubaToys between Denton and Dallas off of I-35 for a salvage diver. The staff there may be able to point you in the right direction as well. There should be some salvage divers in the area.

These guys might have the equipment and knowledge necessary to conduct a large grid search with metal detectors.

Boat Recovery, Salvage, Prop Installation, Boat Cleaning

Googling "Dallas Salvage Divers" found a few more results as well. Seems to me that finding the pistol at the lake supports the state's theory, although finding a pistol after settling in silt for over a decade will be much harder than the proverbial needle in a haystack.

Good luck,
Jay

It sounds interesting!
I spent 10 years in Dallas, but now I'm on the other side of the world, sorry...
Good luck!

First off, what lake are we talking about? What depth? I might possibly be interested, but even if not I might be able to direct you to someone else who might, too. Definitely talk to the guys at Scuba Toys, though. Great shop, lots of resources, and in my opinion Best in DFW!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom