Do your D rings angle inward or outward?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If they are angled inward, you would forever be lifting them out before attaching anything to them. If the idea was to have them lay flat, you could use only straight D-rings rather than bent ones.

I rigged them angling outward... but I keep getting people playing with them... and looking at them like they look kinda weird...

Don't mind if its a hot chick.... :) But I was beginning to get a complex.

cybordolphin once bubbled...
When you use angled D rings on your harness... do you angle them inward to lay flat.... or outward to be easier to find them without looking?

Outward. The idea is to make it easier to clip off something to them without having to look down or fumble. You want to be as familiar with your gear by 'touch contact' alone as you possibly can in the event of a siltout, light failure, if your mask gets knocked off, or anything else that reduces your ability to see. This familiarity reduces your stress level and allows you to more easily deal with the task at hand.

...and the only bent D-rings (angled) are the ones on the shoulder straps... the other three are flat (hip, crotch, butt.)

Tip... when clipping off to the shoulder D-rings hold the bolt snap with opening facing toward you and the bolt snap pointing slightly downward... as you sweep it up the strap it will catch, lift and capture the D-ring.

I got rid of the "flat" (hinged) ones on my hips. Got welded straight out ones. A lot easier to attach deco bottles.

techdiver2us once bubbled...
I got rid of the "flat" (hinged) ones on my hips. Got welded straight out ones. A lot easier to attach deco bottles.
...wouldn't they not only make attaching deco bottles lot easier but also accidently attaching yourself to any snag hazards a lot easier?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom