Do you need matching regulators for a twinset ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueTrin

Scallops aficionado
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an Apeks XTX 200 as first stage for my single cylinder setup.

I am planning to buy a twinset at some point. I am wondering if there is a good argument for matching first stages or if I could use different first stages on each post ?

other than being more aesthetically pleasing when everything is symmetrical, no not really. I would keep it in the family with Apeks for service consistency, but no real reason to get another FSR

other than being more aesthetically pleasing when everything is symmetrical, no not really. I would keep it in the family with Apeks for service consistency, but no real reason to get another FSR
Thanks I was planning to buy a DS4 for the second post. Like you said, it will be easier to keep everything with Apeks for servicing.

I've got a ScubaPro for my right post and and Atomics for my left post. As I was going through regs and trying them out and selling some, it's just what I ended up with. They work just fine as a mismatched set.

They should be similar in performance, but other than that...

Thanks I was planning to buy a DS4 for the second post. Like you said, it will be easier to keep everything with Apeks for servicing.
A DST has some minor advantages for hose routing due to the optional 5th port.

Ideally you have a single setup and a twinset setup, so assume the XTX200 will do for singles.

I have an Apeks XTX 200 as first stage for my single cylinder setup.

I am planning to buy a twinset at some point. I am wondering if there is a good argument for matching first stages or if I could use different first stages on each post ?

Personal preference only, but I prefer to keep my twin and single regs separate otherwise I'm either compromising on routing or regularly swapping hoses about.

If you're happy with your Apeks single regs, maybe look at Tek3's for your twins. These come with 2x xtx50 2nd stages. Good solid set up. Very happy with mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom