• Yes

Votes: 21 20.2%
  • No

Votes: 78 75.0%
  • What's CO?

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...An instructor showed a class (and me) how to simply use your cupped hand to see if the gas smelled funny. Of course CO has no smell, so that's irrelevant...

You're not trying to smell for CO itself. You're supposed to be smelling and tasting for any contaminants that might be produced by the dieseling of compressor oil, which may also produce CO.

In 31 years of diving, I have never before tested for CO however as I have just recently purchased my first ever personal compressor (Alkin W31 4.9CFM - Gas-powered). I have just begun testing everything and answered the survey that way. I am using a newly acquired SensorCon CO Inspector to monitor where my compressor intake is sucking air and to test each tank filled (via Don's 1 Gallon Freezer Bag method).

I just purchased a CooTwo Tester too (not received yet). I also just got a great deal on two MSA MiniOx 3000 Oxygen Monitors. I already own a Rubber Duckie Designs Nitrox/Oxygen Analyzer. Some of these parts/pieces will be used when I start building my Nitrox Stick etc. . . .

Anyone looking for CO tester Sensorcon is having a $25 off Labor Day sale. I checked it does apply to the model INS2-CO-01. Brings it down to $114 from $139.

Inspector (CO) INS2-CO-01

Code: LABORDAY21

I do not own one of these yet... just passing along the deal.

Anyone else notice DiveNav went out of business? No service or parts to be had for CooTwo...
Kind of annoying...

Anyone else notice DiveNav went out of business? No service or parts to be had for CooTwo...
Kind of annoying...

Last time I checked, there is a company doing repairs/calibrations/sales of stock. They can also update firmware.

Kind of annoying...

Yes, they seem to have gone out of business for a while now. Their online training program is out too. No surprise with their attitude and customer service.

There are a number of threads about sensor replacement. I just did mine myself. I am still on the old firmware as the only way to get it updated is paying for a [quite costly] sensor replacement or calibration (they will update it for free when in for work). I got sensors and calibration gas, and did it myself...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom