Do you believe it what goes around....comes around???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC

Contributor
Reaction score
Do you believe things that go around....come around? Here is what happened to me today.

I have been looking at an outdoor patio table and chair set now for a week that is at the PX. The local Lowe’s and HD have basically sold or put up for the season all their outdoor furniture, so the PX was the only place that still had some on display.....plus I really liked one set. It came with 2 swivel rocking chairs, 4 straight back chairs and a table with removable / swappable tiles. And, the center can support an umbrella if I decide to get one.

Anyway, last night I decided it was time to go get the set or it will be gone and I will have to wait another whole year. Plus, the original price was $749 and it was on sale for $449. Not a bad deal, plus at the PX there is no sale tax.

But, before I go into the PX, I decide to have lunch at the food court and I get me a couple pieces of chicken. There I sit munching on my chicken and this guy comes up and says, Excuse me sir, I don’t want any money, it is just I have just gotten back from Iraq and found out my wife has stolen $75,000 from our bank account, sold all our possessions, and run off. I haven’t eaten in a couple days and I will pay you back on payday if you will just buy me something to eat.

Normally, I just tell “beggars” not to bother me. Especially if they are smoking cigs, have expensive tennis shoes and are carrying a monster boom box. I really don’t know why, but I told the guy I will give him $5.00 and he can get what he wants. I paid less than that for my chicken so there is opportunity for him. He thanks me and I watch him actually get in a fast food line.

As I munch on my chicken, ANOTHER guy comes up. I am thinking, no not twice. Go take a bite of the other guys burger, but this guy says instead, Hey, did that guy just hit you up for some money? He asked me for coffee money and I was thinking about asking to see his ID card.

I tell the second guy, I am not worried. If it is actually a scam, then it is between that guy and God. $5.00 isn’t a big deal.

So I finish my chicken and head on in to the PX and get one of the sales people to go into the back room and see if they have a set boxed up so I don’t have to take the display set that has a good number of scratches. After what seemed forever, he finally comes back with a manager in tow.

She says, sorry, we don’t have 4 straight back chairs in boxes so I will have to take 2 from the display. The guy says, yep, we only have swivel chairs in boxes. HUH? I LOVE SWIVEL CHAIRS. So I ask the manager lady, can I get another box (2) of swivel chairs instead of the straight backs??

She says.....sure but they cost more. How much more I ask. She checks.....$10 more. HUH??? Just $10? Heck yea!!!!!

So the manager lady prints off all the bar codes we need and she and I go up to the cashier while the guy takes the boxes to the loading dock. The manager gives the cashier all the bar codes and she rings them up.

I ask how much??? She says, $384. HUH??? I stop the manager lady that was walking away and tell her there is a problem with the price. She asks what. I tell her I am basically an honest guy so remember the set was on sale for $449 and the extra swivel chairs added another $10 to the price so it should have rung up as $459.

She says......get this......she says......You one lucky guy. However it rings up is how you pay. Meet you out back.

So, the set was originally $749....on sale for $449.....I got 4 swivel chairs I love instead of 2...and the 2 straight back chairs and table...and it all rang up for $385.

Not bad for a $5 hamburger huh?????????? :D

Lucky you, but do your research before you state that there is no tax at the PX.
ever wonder why things are the same price on base as off? Go ask the PX/BX manager they'll tell you the law that was enacted in 1988 that says what taxes will be charged to AAFES.

Great story Rich! Big believer in 'what goes around comes around', or 'as you sow, so shall you reap'. Too many things have happened for me to question the larger force.

Ditto. It's why even on those times when I've been a little short I still manage to give to my usual charities. That 50 I could have used to buy a new backup light did more good going to St. Judes last month. This month I got a bigger bonus than expected that not only got the backup but another check to St Judes will go in the mail next week.

I do believe what goes around, comes around. Thanks for sharing your experience!

nice, rich! yeah, in cities i carry breakfast bars to give out to panhandlers...i can't stand thinking they really *might* be hungry...

A short little snippet from a website I trolled up.....

Karma does not necessarily mean past actions. It embraces both past and present deeds. Hence in one sense, we are the result of what we were; we will be the result of what we are. In another sense, it should be added, we are not totally the result of what we were; we will not absolutely be the result of what we are. The present is no doubt the offspring of the past and is the present of the future, but the present is not always a true index of either the past or the future; so complex is the working of Karma.

Everybody got that?
Good.....now explain it to me.....:confused:

Enjoy the furniture Soldier/Marine/Sailor/Airman/Coastie!

Chug :D

Last edited:
nice, rich! yeah, in cities i carry breakfast bars to give out to panhandlers...i can't stand thinking they really *might* be hungry...

Great idea!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom