Do VT3 (complete) come with no lens protector?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andrethediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I purchased a brand new VT3 complete package and noticed it did not include any kind of lens protector or scree guard of any kind. Is that the way they are packaged at the factory? Both my Atom 2 and Geo came with thin stick on lens protector and Atom came with silicon screen guard. Thanks!

Mine came with the snap in plastic screen protector installed. If I remember correctly it came that way from the factory. Some unsolicited advice, if you are going to wrist mount it, get an extra protector for it. When I was wearing my on the wrist it seemed to get scratched easier than on the retrator console.

S

Thanks. I do plan to wear it on the wrist - did you get most of the scratches on the body or the screen of the computer? Also, VT3 came with one extremely long wrist band for some reason (my Atom 2 came with 2 wrist bands of different length) - are you supposed to cut off the excess length?

Mine came w/protector. Cut band if it suits you.

Actually, I looked closely at my computer and noticed a plastic protector snapped into the screen. Do I still need the clear film or this will sufficiently protect the screen? I think they started adding the stick on film (Zagg Invisishield like) since the sand and debris could get stuck under the guard and scratch the screen like that...Is there a shorter version of the VT3 wrist band that can be ordered? Thanks!

I am not aware of the stick on plastic style screen protector. I think if you put a plastic adhesive style screen protector on under the plastic one you may find it more difficult to remove any sand or debirs that may slip in under the plastic protector. I am not aware of any other wrist strap options other than what came with the unit. I did cut mine down to fit becuase there was way to really secure all that extra strap haning out there.

Enjoy your VT3, I have been diving mine for a year now and it gets a lot of work and has performed flawlessly for me.

I've just got one thought on the wrist strap. I agree that when I tried it on with a wetsuit it seemed pretty excessive and couldn't figure out why you would need such a large wrist strap. I put it on over the sleeve of my drysuit however and I used pretty much the entire strap. I see you're from PA and figured there might be a chance that you dive dry.

I've just got one thought on the wrist strap. I agree that when I tried it on with a wetsuit it seemed pretty excessive and couldn't figure out why you would need such a large wrist strap. I put it on over the sleeve of my drysuit however and I used pretty much the entire strap. I see you're from PA and figured there might be a chance that you dive dry.

Thanks for your input. At present time I don't dive locally and not planning on any dry suit diving in the foreseeable future. I was just trying to decide whether I can get a shorter replacement wrist band or cut the one that I have. I've seen the bungee setup option but I'm not convinced I want to that way either. My Atom 2 wrist straps are perfect and comes with a replacement longer strap (apparently for thick wet or dry-suit)...Why would they increase the length of the wrist band on VT3??

Back
Top Bottom