Do I have skin bends or worse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ewolnz

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Been diving twice a day for 9 days, mostly shallow diving approx 15m.
Within a hour of exiting the water from my last dive i experienced very sore feet. pins and needles in both hands and feet, the pain in the feet continued for 24hours and heavy blistering appeared on the feet soles with red spots and also on the hands. I left the dive centre thinking it was fin foot as thats what the experienced divers said it mostly likely was. Its been 48hrs and now i have intermittent tingling/ache in the knee and elbows. The pain in the feet dissipated after 24hours
I quite worried I have skin bends or dcs.

Not enough info for even a non qualified layman opinion. Call DAN, and or consult a local doctor familiar with diving medicine

Please seek a medical examination. People here, even those with medical knowledge, can't diagnose you. This is a great forum for discussion of medical issues, but it's no substitute for getting a proper medical examination without delay.

If you're not familiar with DAN (I see you're new to ScubaBoard), this is their contact information:

Divers Alert Network

Scroll down, and there's a phone number for New Zealand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom