do Apollo Bio-Pro Splits need special maintenance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi everyone... this is a spin-off from another posting...

i got my apollo splits free over the internet (won it in a contest) and have absolutely no intention of buying new ones until i've worn my current ones down to little rubber nubs

i love the fins... amazing control and little effort...

question is: is there anything special i have to do to care for it?

i currently have it in a closed plastic chest with the rest of my gear and in the original plastic bag it came in. they've been rinsed in fresh water both after my dive and when i got home after the whole trip and allowed to air-dry... anything else i should do???

Jag

They're pretty bullet-proof ... I put over 600 dives on mine without replacing so much as a fin strap, and all I did was rinse them after diving.

After I switched over to Turtle fins, I sold my Biofins to a friend, and he's still using them ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
They're pretty bullet-proof ... I put over 600 dives on mine without replacing so much as a fin strap, and all I did was rinse them after diving.

After I switched over to Turtle fins, I sold my Biofins to a friend, and he's still using them ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
that's great to know!

btw, may i ask why you're a grateful diver? been curious ever since i saw you on other threads

Jag

shugar:
that's great to know!

btw, may i ask why you're a grateful diver? been curious ever since i saw you on other threads

Jag

Well, mostly because I'm an old, "retired" follower of the Grateful Dead ... given what I put myself through in my younger years, I'm just Grateful to still be around to talk about it ... :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
given what I put myself through in my younger years, I'm just Grateful to still be around to talk about it ... :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
WAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA ROLF

either way... i'm grateful to be around too... take care!

Jag

Bob!!
OLD AT 52!!!!!!! Heck you're just starting to come into your prime!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom