DM5 registering the 2nd dive of the day much deeper than it was

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceanic much better than DM5, it actually works. But i like Subsurface more than oceanic's software. So I use it for all the comps.

I'm curious about this answer as well. I use a zoop novo as my primary and an oceanic veo 2.0 as my backup. Very happy with the suunto and haven't had any discrepancies with the dm5 software that are mentioned, but the dm5 software seems clunky and not the long term solution I desire.

I'm looking for a software that 1) will hopefully stand the test of time 2) be compatible with my current and future computers as my diving evolves and 3) can potentially be used/accessed on a tablet or iPad.

I was thinking of getting a cheap refurbished iPad/android tablet and putting it in a waterproof case to keep in my dive bag along with my written PADI log.

I'm curious about this answer as well. I use a zoop novo as my primary and an oceanic veo 2.0 as my backup. Very happy with the suunto and haven't had any discrepancies with the dm5 software that are mentioned, but the dm5 software seems clunky and not the long term solution I desire.

I'm looking for a software that 1) will hopefully stand the test of time 2) be compatible with my current and future computers as my diving evolves and 3) can potentially be used/accessed on a tablet or iPad.

I was thinking of getting a cheap refurbished iPad/android tablet and putting it in a waterproof case to keep in my dive bag along with my written PADI log.

Look into Subsurface (obviously) and DiveMate, both are pretty solid.

I understand using Subsurface. But how do you update SUUNTO software on the computer without DM5?

By way of an update, I got a new laptop and (don't ask me why!!!) I downloaded DM5, so it was their most recent version - so I didn't have the time to play the "get the old version and always disconnect when you start if (so that it doesn't do a DM5 software update" game like they recommended last time... Nothing has changed with my 25 dives a couple of weeks ago. Subsurface is spot-on, downloads all the new dives in one attempt while DM5 still takes over an hour, "multiple attempts" (reconnects to the computer) to get all the dives, and, finally, many of them show me having gone 180 feet.

Wow, just wow... It's something that makes you wonder what else made by Suunto might have all of these flaws!!! There simply no way Suunto shouldn't have this fixed by now! And as has been said, it's Suunto's DM5 software, the Cobra is fine, or it wouldn't download perfectly, and quickly, into the Subsurface App. Are they trying to drive people to other APPs? That's a rhetorical question!

Clearly I'm a glutton for punishment, but this has me strongly considering changing DC brands instead of asking Santa for a D5 this Christmas... Between the "Diver Attention Symbol" being a complete mystery as to what naughty thing you did and how much longer you'll need to extend the SI (because it thinks you were naughty), to the safety stop not counting off in seconds, as much as I love my Cobra, there are times.

End of Monday morning rant! Carry on....

You don't as far as I know. I use DM5 for changing settings and updates. I use Subsurface for everything else.

And even that has become iffy. I tried to change the settings on both mine from 10 second data point gathering to what I've heard is the more normal 20 second data point gathering (I had changed them to 10s to more quickly get rid of all the previous owner's dives, and simply be more accurate), but they keep reverting to 10s. Not the "hugest" of deals, but it seems wrong. Perhaps it's that it takes an hour+ of connection time and many connect/reconnect attempts with the DC to get all the dives that's confusing things. IDK, it's just crazy.

OK, really done ranting now..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom