DM Internships: Khao Lak Vs Koh Lanta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubble Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
How do both places compare to eachother in terms of diving and topside. I'm considdering doing my Dive Master internship in either one of these places, so I'd like to know what you guys think about both of them.
If I'm going to be in the same place for 2-3months, I'd like to find out as much about it as possible.
Both places seem rather low-key, right?
Well both internships would start oct/nov, the start of the season...
I'm thinking Khao Lak would be great for some liveaboard experience, but in Koh Lanta I would get 4 extra weeks of training & the course would be more or less for free...
Any other places you guys would recommend for that kind of longer Dive Master Interships?

Lumba Lumba on Pulau Weh's a good choice. The conditions are much more demanding than those to be found in Thailand, so you need to learn more about 'control'. The diving, in my opinion, is also much better. Another huge advantage Lumba Lumba has is that it has a great house reef right in front of the dive centre - perfect for practising skills and natural navigation.

OK, thanks for that tip. Haven't been to Indonesia yet, so that's a plus ;-)
What time of year would be best & do they offer long(er) DM-internships aswell?

Diving is all year round, but I think the European summer months are less windy, and therefore less choppy on the seas.
It's a very chilled out dive centre, and they usually have DMTs for a few months at a time. Drop them an e-mail....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom