dm internship in komodo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big fish63

Contributor
Reaction score
i am looking at doing my dive master certificate, my first choice of location would be komodo. does anyone know of a company that offers an internship with them providing accommodation and food in return for some hard graft by myself?

or if you have somewhere else to recommend i'd really like to hear about it.

not too sure what you mean?

i am looking at doing my dive master certificate, my first choice of location would be komodo. does anyone know of a company that offers an internship with them providing accommodation and food in return for some hard graft by myself?

or if you have somewhere else to recommend i'd really like to hear about it.

I did exactly that beginning of last year (a 4 months internship) with Bajo Dive Club (based in Labuan Bajo), however I cannot recommend them as I found the instructor (MSDT) pedagogically seen a pain in the neck. Besides, they are currently constructing a new hotel and the former one (where I stayed) is not operational anymore, so I am not too sure if they would offer accommodation as part of the deal..

Maybe you contact the dive shops in Labuan Bajo directly to inquire!? If you need the list of dive shops based in LB let me know, I am happy to help..

Cheers..

Internship need your time to learn and practice what you get from DM course. As I know, many divers they take live a board for diving in Komodo. That's why I suppose you little bit difficult to do internship there except you do it in live a board. I suggest you to take internship in Bali cause Bali as Tourist destination have many dive center, many dive site and sure will give you many chance to learn and practice as long as your internship.

Regards,
:wink:
Absolute Scuba Bali

thanks for the info. i've been to bali and i thought it was hell on earth, i only went to kuta though.

i would really appreciate that list...

i've tried-
reefseekers- they offer internship but have to pay for accommodation.
dive komodo- didn't reply for ages then just replied with 'have you recieved a price for your course, we would like you to join' i then sent them several e-mails to no reply...

what was wrong with your instructor?

thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom