DIY P-Valve Install on Thicker Neoprene Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rob.mwpropane

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Good day all. Looking to install a P valve on my suit. I'm between the Si Tech Trigon or the Light Monkey Tinkle, both good reviews, both balanced. I'm leaning towards the Trigon as it's less expensive and a lower profile.

I'm having trouble trying to figure how to install to a thicker suit? All the videos that I see are great, but none are on a thicker neoprene suit. Mine is 5mm hypercompressed.

Anyone have any tips or tricks? Si tech has a patch for thicker drysuits, but I don't know if this is needed or not;
SI Tech Valve Patch 60810 Rubber - Seaskin Custom Diving Suits

Just trying to get some clarity before I order parts. This might all make perfect sense when I get the kit, but I don't want to order twice.

Thanks!!!

I've never installed one, but I read once that if installing on a neoprene suit to install it initially without adhesive for a day or so (to compress the neoprene), then remove, glue, and permanently install.

My suit has the Otter P Valve, which if I didnt know better WAS the LM Tinkle Valve with the Otter logo cut into the Delrin, they look identical. I haven't actually ever used it as the suit is relatively new, I just keep it closed. But the reason I bring it up, while it does sit proud of the suit the profile doesn't seem to be an issue at all, at least it hasn't for me.

I think at one point there were leak concerns on the Trigon but that has been remedied, a regular dive buddy of mine has the Trigon on two different suits and from what I understand has never had a leak.

I've never installed one, but I read once that if installing on a neoprene suit to install it initially without adhesive for a day or so (to compress the neoprene), then remove, glue, and permanently install.

My suit has the Otter P Valve, which if I didnt know better WAS the LM Tinkle Valve with the Otter logo cut into the Delrin, they look identical. I haven't actually ever used it as the suit is relatively new, I just keep it closed. But the reason I bring it up, while it does sit proud of the suit the profile doesn't seem to be an issue at all, at least it hasn't for me.

I think at one point there were leak concerns on the Trigon but that has been remedied, a regular dive buddy of mine has the Trigon on two different suits and from what I understand has never had a leak.

That's what I've read / heard about the Trigon, had issues but since resolved. Maybe that's why it's cheaper? I don't think either one will be bad. I know the Tinkle has a valve you can close from the outside, the Trigon does not. My friend has 3 suits all with the Trigon and no issues so far. I'd be happy either way

I see everyone installs a diy gasket to the suit, I just don't know if I need that with it being a thicker suit...thanks for the feedback though.

I put one on my pinnacle dry ice, I used a gasket like the one linked but not sure if it the same one. I cut the hole and aquasealed it on the inside, installing the valve took (trigon) some pressure to get it to engage the threads but it all went together fine.

I put one on my pinnacle dry ice, I used a gasket like the one linked but not sure if it the same one. I cut the hole and aquasealed it on the inside, installing the valve took (trigon) some pressure to get it to engage the threads but it all went together fine.

Is the Pinnacle a neoprene suit? If so, how thick?

I think it’s 7mm compressed to 4mm

Neoprene, front zip and very warm, I’m using it with base layer only in 54° water.

Mine is pretty comfortable. I don't know what it started at but it's 5mm now. I like it, great first suit for me. In 41f I wear a 100g fleece type layer and can go for an hour easily (and then I usually have to pee:)).

I HATE that mine is backzip, never again. At least with a P valve I won't have to worry about that as bad.

There is a short video of a Trigon install HERE - just in case you haven't seen it already.

You know I've watched that probably 3 times and never realized that the little DIY pad had nothing to do with the Trigon because it comes with a port to glue to the suit. The pad was for the others...

Ok, ordered the Trigon and 2 quick disconnects for $95 from Seaskin....wish me luck. Really doesn't look that hard though. I just changed out my rings for a better seal system, this looks a lot easier.

On a side note, does anyone know where to get these at a reasonable price? Seaskin is not selling these by themselves yet, but man they look like a nice boot. I'd like to swap mine out as they're a little big.
Seaskin Drysuits (Aqualand Ltd) - Seaskin Custom Diving Suits

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom