DIY Housing Instructial DVD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey All,

Any comment on this DIY Housing Instructional DVD?

Ultimate DIY Camera Housing Instructions - eBay (item 250425613711 end time Jul-14-09 19:33:53 PDT)

/////////////////////////////Start Paste

"....

My instructions were written to show you how to turn plaster paris, rigid foam and candle wax into a one time mold and then with some resin and Plexiglass, create the actual housing. I take you from beginning to end. 3 years of building and diving with these housings trying different techniques taught me what works best. Some areas like controls will take some thinking but that is why I offer email support and custom fittings for the controls. It is my goal to allow all divers to capture images of their dive experience.

Still not sure if you can do it- Take a chance! This DVD disc containing PDF files and a short instructional video could save you thousands of dollars if you decide to build even one housing!"

/////////////////////////End Paste

To those DIY housing folks out there, To make a housing for a (cheap/older) DSLR, with basic controls for shutter, 3-4 menu buttons/dials and means to manually adjust focus and perhaps zoom, would this be harder than a "6-7th grade shop project"?

I would love to start taking my Pentax K100D and a somewhat fast lens down with me...

Thanks in Advance!,

Bob

Back
Top Bottom