DIY DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevetto

Registered
Reaction score
I have started working on a custom DPV.
I would like to make custom carbon blades but I also would like to make my DPV to be compatible to commercial blades.

Is there anybody here who have dive-xtras, bonex, seacraft, carbon- scooter or suex and could measure some basic dimensions of the blades.

Or might have a broken one that is not necessary anymore..

Thank you in advance.

I dont have what you are looking for, but i would love to see your process/progress. I'm considering building one too.

I have started working on a custom DPV.
I would like to make custom carbon blades but I also would like to make my DPV to be compatible to commercial blades.

Is there anybody here who have dive-xtras, bonex, seacraft, carbon- scooter or suex and could measure some basic dimensions of the blades.

Or might have a broken one that is not necessary anymore..

Thank you in advance.
Did you finish yet? I am also considering building one.

I have not started it yet. :( I did not have time.
But I do not think it is too complicated.
The electrical motor is the most interesting part of it.
You will need a low kv, high torque bldc motor. It is not easy to find. You will might need a gearbox.
A stepper motor could be another solution but they are quite heavy and not too strong.
Capture.JPG
I did not find any used, broken propeller to use it as a reference, so I designed an own propeller and one blade was printed out to make a mold for the carbon props, but the project stopped that phase.

Back
Top Bottom