DIY- Double tank straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

unfix8r

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for anyone who has made straps for their doubles. I am going to use 2 Al 80's, with a standard Sherwood manifold. Does anyone have any plans, any pointers, any advice on this? I have the stainless available to accomplish the task, but lengths, bending the metal, are all unknowns.

I figure it will take two straps to DIR, but I'm not ever going into any 1000' cave anytime soon... More like teaching students while I use the double 80's at ~ 40 feet.

So, since noones responded yet I am out to make my own!
To start I'm using 2" stainles strapping material, about .04 thick for some stiffness.
Will post updates.

The reason you didn't get a reply may be your title.
I clicked on your link thinking it had to do with the harness.
The "straps as you called them are commonly called Tank BANDS.

The "straps" are commonly known as the 2 inch nylon belting that goes over the shoulders and around your waist.

You might want to repost as DIY Double Tank Bands or similar.

regards

Mike D :11:

unfix8r:
So, since noones responded yet I am out to make my own!
To start I'm using 2" stainles strapping material, about .04 thick for some stiffness.
Will post updates.

I'm somewhat new to this DIY equipment stuff, but I am attempting to create a doubles rig, not attach them to my person. I was planing on using my BC backplate for that.

Walter:
Do a search, my plans are out there someplace.............

But I had a hard time finding them. tank straps, tank bands, doubles, ... after I type this I'm going to see if I can search just your threads for the same headings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom