DIY Dive Platform / Kayak / Water toy!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FightingDrag

Registered
Reaction score
So we have this old probably 80's wind surfing board. and my step dad got it from a yard sail, but the sail's boom is missing, its been 2 years since my heart surgery and its time for me to become more active.
So, I got some rope, and did this....

Board.jpg

but all i need now is a 12 foot tall dive flag to fit the sail boards mast.

Then, no one can miss me!!! :cool2:

but the reason i decided to make this instead of a little inflatable or somthing, is with this, i can have lunch, spair tanks, a catch bag for spear fishing, extra tanks, snorkles, and a ROV if i decide to bring it too!!

for future, i might add a umbilical ran engine (like a ROV, but its on the surface, and Im in the water!) lol!

I'm already not comfortable in a kayak, so I can't really imaging what this can be... I do have also an old one similar to yours, but I would love to see pics in use, with your gear on it and how you go on it (or is it in the water ?). If this is replacing a dive flag... what a nightmare this stuff must be to drag :p

I'm already not comfortable in a kayak, so I can't really imaging what this can be... I do have also an old one similar to yours, but I would love to see pics in use, with your gear on it and how you go on it (or is it in the water ?). If this is replacing a dive flag... what a nightmare this stuff must be to drag :p

well, i could allways add a anchor and simply get a little inflatable bouy to drag along, and get a 300 ft tether spool to use just to make sure i dont float too far away.

its just a idea i had so i did it, if it works, it works, if it flops, it flops.

=)

Dude, that looks great!

Keeping the flag up could be a little tricky, but that setup gives you a means to get to the dive site, dive, and get home without too much work in the surf!

Oh, and I'd forget about an anchor! Your setup will be heavy enough that doing drift diving will be preferably, but light enough for you to pull it against (any) current if need be.

Congrats!

Dude, that looks great!

Keeping the flag up could be a little tricky,

actually, since its a wind surfing board, there is a vertical hole that i can fit a wooden dowl into. sadly my dad wants to keep the boards sail in shape, so i cant rip it apart to make it into a flag. =(

but ya, i thaught it would work nicely, now all i need is a paddle, and fins

Make the dive board your flag and tow IT along.
This way it's there when you surface.
With the currents here in S. Fla, you never know where the boat or yak will be when you surface.

Back
Top Bottom