DIY canister light, costs and where to start?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SquintyPete

Contributor
Reaction score
I started asking this question in another thread by accident, so I thought it better to start a new thread and add a few more questions.

For all those who have built their own lights I was wondering
  • Avg cost to built a light
  • Where the best place for plans are
  • any other tidbits of where your fav place to get this part is etc.

I understand that may be a lot to ask but if I am to build something, I like to have ideas formulated already and with a dive light it’s something I would like to try...but never have even come close to attempting. I figure when I get broke I can place it on a shelf till I get the money to continue as opposed to doing it all at once. And it’s always nice if your build works the first time.

All input is appreciated

www.airspeedpress.com should be your first stop. Get a copy of the Divelight Companion. It's an awesome book and once you read through it, you'll be better able to decide whether or not you want to take on the project. PM me with an email addy and I can email you a spreadsheet that I put together for mine with part numbers, vendors and prices.

-Frank

I can help you with the info you need if you're interested in building your own canister light. I have all the info typed up and on CD as well. Check out the light and PM me if you're interested.

Canister Light

Scott

Back
Top Bottom