DIY Battery pack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuneP

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello. I will build a battery with these specifics. some that will help with a diagram.

I use these batteries 18650.

Capacity : 24 Ah

Operating voltage 11,1V

PCM : 4A 14.8V li-ion BMS PCM battery protection board ( Will it work.? )

I am new to building batteries pack

// Sune P.

Hello. I will build a battery with these specifics. some that will help with a diagram.

I use these batteries 18650.

Capacity : 24 Ah

Operating voltage 11,1V

PCM : 4A 14.8V li-ion BMS PCM battery protection board ( Will it work.? )

I am new to building batteries pack

// Sune P.

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Steve Lindblom's
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]THE DIVELIGHT COMPANION[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This great new book is a comprehensive guide to canister dive lights. Canister dive lights have long been the lights of choice among serious cave divers, tech divers, and videographers. They are becoming increasingly popular with recreational divers who have learned how "big light" can enhance almost any dive. The book covers how to select them, maintain and repair them, and even how to build them from scratch.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The best, most thorough, how-to-it-book I have ever read" - SJ[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Also included is much information on batteries, battery chargers and bulbs you won't find anywhere else, and low-cost sources for all the parts used in the book.
Even if your already own a canister dive light, or are planning to buy a commercial version, this book will pay for itself many times over, since the information on building them is just as applicable to maintaining and repairing them, and our low cost direct sources can save the dive light owner a lot of money on routine replaceable parts like switchboots, cords and light covers. When it comes time to replace the bulbs or batteries this book will help you figure out what you need, and where to find it at the best price.
If you'd like to build you own divelight, book details the construction of several typical cannister lights. There's a A 4" PVC canister 12v/6amp hour Wreck/Video Light, and a 5" acrylic canister 12v/14 amp hour test tube head Cave Light using readily available sealed lead/acid batteries, which can take bulbs from 20 to 100 watts. And 4.5Ah and 9Ah mini canisters using the new NiHM cells. However, you don't have to restrict yourself to those sizes - the same methods can be used to build a canister to fit just about any size or combination of batteries. These lights aren't cut-rate or improvised copies of commercial cansiter lights - they are virtual clones, with identical performance, to the point where most of the part will even interchange.
Not sure you're ready to take the plunge to a pro-quality canister light? Also included are plans for several "instant divelights", powerful canister divelights which can be quickly and cheaply built using PVC plumbing fittings, yet offer performance comparable to the pro models!
This is Steve's first book for us, but we are sure you will find it up to the standards set by our previous books. Steve is no newcomer to Airspeed, having done the artwork and layout on THE OXYGEN HACKER'S COMPANION and SCUBA REGULATOR MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NOW INCLUDES HID, NiMH, Li-Ion and LED!!
HID (high Intensity Discharge) is a new light technology that makes it possible to get twice as much, super bright light from half as much battery. It's the same technology used for the new so-white-they're-blue headlights on luxury cars. On a divelight, HID means that you get not only whiter, brighter, more natural light, but from a much smaller, less-expensive canister.
Currently, just an HID lighthead to upgrade an existing canister setup can cost as much as $700. But the DIVELIGHT COMPANION shows you how you can build one for as little as $125.
LEDs (light emitting diodes) are coming up fast, but still can't compete with HID for high powered primary lights, However, they make terrific backup lights.
NiHM and Li-Ion (lithium Ion) rechargeable batteries make smaller, longer lasting battery packs possible,and are a perfect complement for the efficient new HID and LED lightheads.
Details on all these exciting new technologies are in this book![/FONT]​
liteshots2.GIF

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The DIVELIGHT COMPANION 130 pages $30
To order, click here[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To read excerpts from the book[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Back to Airspeed Press Main Page[/FONT]

[/FONT]

I'll confirm this holds true and could result in a good pack.

LiPo packs aren't very hard to build with a BMS and 18650 cells, just are volitile and unforgiving if small mistakes in materials, calculations or assemble are made.

And add another warning that batteries are risky to do badly. It's easy to build a nearly perfect pack and with a single mistake we make or misread a tutorial results in a violent fire while charging or discharging.

Another thing to watch for is that a couple poorly manufactured cells will fairly quickly destroy the pack and shorten it's usable life remarkably.

The best material online I've found currently is the DIY electric bicycle forums. There are some good supplier recommendations etc.

Enjoy.
Cameron

have try to put this together.

is that understood correctly.?

prøve1.png

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom