Diving + Yoga on Koh Tao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

myvek

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there!

I'm planning on going to Koh Tao from mid August to mid September. I know the diving may not be the best, but this trip's focus is more an internal one than an external one. What I want the most is to be somewhere tranquil, get some R&R, and do some introspection. Along with some diving, I would like to do yoga, and get lots of massages ;-)

A few initial questions which come to mind are:

- Neighbourhood? Would you recommend northern Sairee or Chalok? I'm not going to be very mobile because I can't ride a motorbike, so I want to be somewhere which is 5-10 minutes walking distance from the beach, dive shop, and yoga studio. My budget for a month's accommodation is about 10k to 12k baht.

- Dive shop? With so many of them around, I'm pretty confused! I'm a moderately experienced diver and will mainly be doing fun dives. I like shops that make an effort to make groups matched on experience, and prefer smaller companies to the larger ones :)

- Yoga? I'm a novice, so looking for a place which gives attention to and caters to beginners.

Thanks a bunch for the information which I have already received from some of you who may be on here and the facebook group I'm in... And looking forward to hearing from the others!

Cheers!
:snorkel:

Hey,

Northern Sairee would probably be a better fit for being able to reach everything on foot, but Chalok is quieter.

I worked with Phoenix and Roctopus when I lived on KT. Phoenix is midsize, Roctopus is smaller. I liked the people at both of them. Everybody goes to the same dive sites, so that will be the same for virtually any shop.

I never practiced yoga there, so I can't speak to that.

Hope this helps!

Sairee it is if you are not mobile. Chalok is too far away from everything and a mosquito nightmare by sundown - so you cant even enjoy a cuppa coffee outdoors looking at the ocean.

P

If you are looking to do Yoga with a Yoga studio, you location choice will be limited by the Yoga - there are but 1 - 2 Yoga studios in KT. I believe closer to Sariee Beach.

We went 4 years ago. Diving with Goodtime Adventures. If i remember correctly there was a free dive place next door and a few doors away was Yoga. We stayed above the dive shop in the rental rooms. Loved Thailand and Koh Tao

Back
Top Bottom