Diving Yellowstone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I may be in Yellowstone NP around Memorial day. Has anyone dove up there? Recommendations?

I see there's one or two dive operations in the area. If I go, I'll probably contact them to set something up. Maybe it'll be ice diving at this time of the year...

g2:
I may be in Yellowstone NP around Memorial day. Has anyone dove up there? Recommendations?

I see there's one or two dive operations in the area. If I go, I'll probably contact them to set something up. Maybe it'll be ice diving at this time of the year...

Call the guys at Teton Aquatic center some one will probably want to go with you they can be reached at 307-733-3127

I dive there frequently. While it is pretty good diving, there are only a handful of spots worth diving from shore. But, unfortunately it's likely to be ice covered.

Best time to dive the lake is in late summer through fall, with fall being the best as there is less traffic.

Feel free to contact me for more details - or Paul at Yellowstone Divers - Yellowstone Divers, LLC

Hunter

Thanks shepakins and coldsmoke. If I make it up for the holidays I'll let you know how things go.

g

After much delay, I'll be headed Yellowstone around July 17th through the 19th or 20th. This is a good thing! Now I have more time and schedule flexibility.

...And I'm looking for dive buddies. Anyone?

glenn
:D

Hi Glenn,

As much as I'd like to meet with you, those days won't work with my schedule. Let me know how the viz is as I haven't been to yellowstone yet this year.

Hunter

I would really enjoy hearing how your trip went. I have wanted an excuse to do a dive trip there.

Thanks
Rich

I've been trying to find some buddies or guides for Yellowstone but striking out. I was just informed that the vis is really poor right now due to huge amounts of snow melt and runoff.

Well heck. I'm still headed up, diving or no, July 17-20th. If anyone is in the area and would like to make a bubbling mud pot with scuba bubbles, let me know.

Thanks for the information. I am headed up July 30 - Aug 3. Actually camping at Bridge Bay, so looking forward to a few shore dives! Any idea what the water temp is?

The purpose of my trip wasn't to dive, but I got real excited about it when I found out there was diving there!

New diver - new board member!

Would suggest contacting Yelowstone Divers, LLC to see if you can get a Discover Local Scuba venture set up. Going in with someone who knows that area (best sites) and conditions would sure appeal to me! Please post your experience if you do dive there... Many of us interested but not sure worth the trip unless like you already headed there...

Back
Top Bottom