Diving without reservations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skookumchuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all, I'm heading to Cozumel for my son's wedding at the beginning of February and don't know how much diving I'll have time for. Will I have trouble finding a shop to dive with on the day I want to dive? I might even like to try different operators on each day that I dive to check out some variety.

I’ve never tried a same-day booking, but it may be an issue. The most highly-regarded shops will likely be booked. Boats may go out before shops open. Different shops pick up from different places, so if you find someone to dive with, you may need to get to the caleta, unless your shop picks up in town. You might be able to book something while you are there, but give them at least a day or two notice. You should also note that some shops will use the first day in the water to evaluate you to determine whether you have the skills to go to more challenging sites. For example, if you want to dive Devil’s Throat, it’s likely you will need to dive with the same shop at least twice.

Hi all, I'm heading to Cozumel for my son's wedding at the beginning of February and don't know how much diving I'll have time for. Will I have trouble finding a shop to dive with on the day I want to dive? I might even like to try different operators on each day that I dive to check out some variety.
You are going to want to book the dives at the very least the day before. The day of the dives the boats are already rigged for the booked customers and I'm pretty sure most of the shops don't open until the boats are already out. If you show up at 7AM at a shop on the water like Blue Angel you might luck out and get a slot but you certainly can't depend on that. So, I guess the answer is yes, you will have trouble trying to do it that way.

Thanks for the advise guys. I should have no problem booking the day before and hopefully I'll have a better idea of how many days I can dive by the time I get there.
Cheers, Andrew.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom