Diving Without an Inflator Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

certainmisuse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Would there be any issue diving without the inflator hose attached? Other than not being able to power inflate of course. And not forgetting to plug the first stage mind you. I know very little about the connections on the wing. Is water likely to enter the wing with the hose off I suppose is the big question? If not, can it be easily sealed?

If possible, I'm considering removing the hose for very shallow dives. Looking to do a great deal of pool practice first. That is if this isn't ridiculous.

Thanks.

David

Yes, you can. Just don’t connect the hose to the inflator or you could completely remove the hose and plug the port.

You would leave the corrugated hose to the wing so you can orally inflate so no worries water will enter the wing.

I too have to ask why?

Simplification. I really like the idea of eliminating failure points. Again, not for every dive. Just a wild Saturday-night consideration at the moment.

Follow-up question: If one were to accidentally push the inflator button with the hose off, I assume water could enter, but how fast?

Follow-up question: If one were to accidentally push the inflator button with the hose off, I assume water could enter, but how fast?

Depends how much gas is in the BCD. If a lot of gas is bubbling out then more water is going in.

Yes, you can. Just don’t connect the hose to the inflator or you could completely remove the hose and plug the port.

I'm having trouble following this post. In fact I don't understand it at all. I think what you're trying to say is "yes you can dive without the inflator hose, just don't connect it and if you do that you could plug the first stage port", but that's stating the obvious, which the Op already stated, but you're doing it in a rather obscure way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom