Diving with Olympus in NC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaHump

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In Aug we planing some extended range dives.(out further in the Gulf Stream) We are hopeing to get enough people to sacure the boat, so that it will be a all tech trip. If we have to let single tankers on then we will not beable to do the extended range dives.
Has any one done the extended range diving with Olympus? What did you dive? What where the conditions like?

We were able to charter the small boat a few summers ago for a couple of their extended range trips. One day we did a couple of dives on the Proteus and the other we split between the Naeco bow and stern. The dives were terrific - lots of critters big and small and decent vis, though that was the year of the missing Gulf Stream and the water was in the 50's on the bottom. That far from shore everyone keeps an eye on the weather, with good cause. Dodging water spouts in 8 foot seas on the way home was verrry much an "E" ticket ride.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

*if* you have trouble filling the boat with your buds, consider asking the folks at ncdivers.com - it's mainly sb people, but we're rabid divers and many do the tech/dubs/deco thing...

Not a tech trip, but one of our Houston dive clubs was out with Olympus Dive Center two weeks ago (U-352, Papoose, etc). George runs a top notch operation and it's safe too. The boat (Olympus) is a nice diving platform for day trips.

Richard

BabyDuck:
*if* you have trouble filling the boat with your buds, consider asking the folks at ncdivers.com - it's mainly sb people, but we're rabid divers and many do the tech/dubs/deco thing...

Thanks for the info. I will let the trip leader know that. I cant wait to write the trip report all I am hearing is good things.

I just got back from diving with Olympus. They're a top notch operation. The Naeco is about 140' deep, and the Yancee is deeper. I'm going to start TDI Extended Range with them next month.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom