Diving with an Ostomy.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Any other divers put there with an Ostomy. My Doc says OK to 1 ATM. Haven't tried yet. I'm 1 year out of surgery, but headed to Florida, then Cozumel in Sept. Like to hear from anyone with experience. Been diving 29 years.

Don't have ostomy, but work as a nurse so my first thoughts would be: "What kind". How well does it take getting "squished".

And I assume it is a typo... you won't get much diving done if you are to stay at 1 ATM...

And I assume it is a typo... you won't get much diving done if you are to stay at 1 ATM...
Assume you mean one additional ATM so 33 ft or so.

This nurse would echo @Imla 's question above: what type of ostomy, and how much does it put out?

Best regards,
DDM

I had a crew member, fellow named Fuzzy, dove with a colostomy. Depth didn’t matter, of course he made sure there was no air in the bag and would goop around it with antibiotic creme to keep the critters out. He only dove once a day, as he was 88 years of age.

Back
Top Bottom