Diving with Amy Slate's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I seem to remember that most, not all, but most of the dive sites near Key Largo tended to be in the 40-60 ft range. The one notable exception is the Spiegal Grove.

Also, ask them about their night dive policy. When I dove with them, night dives were very inconvenient. The use of lights was strictly forbidden on the dive boat, and they could only be turned on after you had begun your descent. The use of a dive light on the boat was greeted with an instant and very public berating by the closest crew member. Not a "deal breaker", but it would be interesting to see if this policy is still in effect.

Ocean City MD. dives-Dark and cold! Staying with Amy Slates in May-Warm and video taking bright!

Went there last May. No complaints at all about the accommodations or dive shop/dive staff. Most of the reef was in poor condition though, with the shallowest spots being the worst. Many of the boat trips went to a Christ statue, which they said was very popular, but I couldn't understand why it would be, as the reef there was sad. Only got to do 2 deeper dives, but those were very enjoyable. I'm going back this year, not because it would be among my top choices but because someone invited us to go with them and that's where they want to go.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom