Diving with Amy Slate's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a very serious problem when I stayed there about 15 years ago. Personally, I will never stay there again. Having said that, it is a safe bet that the problem that I experienced has been rectified or they would be out of business. Today, it might (and probably is) a totally different situation than the one which I experienced.

In an attempt to find a silver lining, the bar next door is a bit of a dive, but they had the best Key Lime Pie that I had the whole week!

Uh-oh... about to book with them! What was the problem??

I stayed there about 4 or 5 years ago. The room was ok but old. The bed was acceptable and I didn't hang out there. They were not running a dive boat when I was there because there were not enough divers. If the price is right I would stay there again.

Yeah, I'm looking for a very cheap way to get in some warm water. Just cleared to dive again after a bad summer and fall! Don't need fancy.

Uh-oh... about to book with them! What was the problem??
I don't feel comfortable posting it publicly, so I have pm'd you.

I stayed there a few years ago and plan on going back soon. The dive boat was about 100 ft from the door to our room,the rooms were dated but clean and they had a nice pool with a grill.

I have stayed there twice, rooms are ok, boat is feet away, good experience for me. Really only reason to go somewhere else for me is I want to try 6 pack boats.

OK, we were about to book, when I called them to ask about the diving. They said that it was pretty much all shallow reef dives for OW and discover diving, with one "deep" dive a week where they do a wreck. Our travel agent is checking into that, but if that's the case will probably go elsewhere. I'm just getting back to diving after an illness, and my buddies are OC recreational divers, but we all would rather do the wrecks of the keys than a bunch of shallow reef dives.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom