Diving with a tanzer 22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oggy666

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I was wondering how hard it would be diving with a tanzer 22 ft. I found a really good priced one, but i wonder if anyone has any experience saildiving, any information would be nice thank you

Generally speaking, a sailboat makes the worst dive platform there is unless it is big enough to haul a Zodiac of considerable power, speed, capacity.

N

Weight capacity of the Tanzer is basically not much more than a couple people. Even with only 2 tanks & weight belts aboard its going to suck to sail. Accessing sites under power will take all day. Bottom line I'm not sure why you'd want an overloaded & slow sailboat which will be quite difficult to get in and out or with coldwater scuba gear.

What Nemrod said, sailboats are about sailing not diving. If you are looking for small dive boats for your area I would consider sit-on dive kayaks or ~12+ft inflatables way before any kind of sailboat.

thanks for the information, found a cheap tanzer in good condition its the only reason i was considering it

This is the thing, cheap is good but only if it accomplishes the desired task, I seriously doubt a "Tanzer" would make much of a dive boat but it might be a fine little sail boat.

So if sailing is the task, then it is cheap, if diving is the task then it is not cheap because by the time you figure out a "Tanzer" sucks at being a dive boat you will be dollars in the hole in the water that a boat is that everybody claims a boat is because they bought "cheap" and bought a boat that was not suited to the task.

Boat and "cheap" are not words that go well together for very long. :no: Pay now or pay later. :eyebrow:

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom