Diving/weather conditions on Cayman Brac in November?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joneill

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
LDS has a trip in early November (2nd to 9th) - in general, are conditions normally good that time of year (barring a possible tropical system as hurricane season does run until end of November)? Any input from the frequent visitors appreciated! Thanks!

LDS has a trip in early November (2nd to 9th) - in general, are conditions normally good that time of year (barring a possible tropical system as hurricane season does run until end of November)? Any input from the frequent visitors appreciated! Thanks!
Bumping to see if anyone has input as to whether or not early November is typically a good time to dive on Cayman Brac? Thanks!

In general, temps are comfortably mild, but it can sometimes be windy from the northeast that time of year. Brac has more options than LC for diving on the south side of the island and gets a bit more shelter on the leeward side of the island. The sea might be a bit more choppy if it is windy, but generally conditions will be good on one side of the island or the other.

In general, temps are comfortably mild, but it can sometimes be windy from the northeast that time of year. Brac has more options than LC for diving on the south side of the island and gets a bit more shelter on the leeward side of the island. The sea might be a bit more choppy if it is windy, but generally conditions will be good on one side of the island or the other.
Thanks - good sites on the south side?

November is my favorite dive month. Water warm, cooler temperatures top side. Plenty of calm days .

I did get caught off guard last November. We started a dive in dead calm and the swells came in. Lol, I missed the entrance to Silvia’s and hit the rocks. Had about 20 sea urchin spines. Keep an eye on the horizons and you’ll have the best dives ever!!!

Attachments

• DBA80F59-A3C4-44F1-B4DC-E0BDDFEFC7CE.jpeg
    DBA80F59-A3C4-44F1-B4DC-E0BDDFEFC7CE.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 35
Thanks - good sites on the south side?

Honestly, it has been a long time since I have been to Brac and I forget the names I really liked on the South Side. Anchor Wall is the only one that comes to mind readily. Vincent, Mikey, and Kathy all go there fairly regularly and should be able to give you some good sites to look for.

Honestly, it has been a long time since I have been to Brac and I forget the names I really liked on the South Side. Anchor Wall is the only one that comes to mind readily. Vincent, Mikey, and Kathy all go there fairly regularly and should be able to give you some good sites to look for.
Thanks for the info!

November is my favorite dive month. Water warm, cooler temperatures top side. Plenty of calm days .

I did get caught off guard last November. We started a dive in dead calm and the swells came in. Lol, I missed the entrance to Silvia’s and hit the rocks. Had about 20 sea urchin spines. Keep an eye on the horizons and you’ll have the best dives ever!!!
Thanks - very helpful!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom