Diving watch - TAG heuer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sylvie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It all depends what you're looking for. If you want a cheap simple watch with just a bezel that looks cute above water, you can get a Swatch Scuba. They are said to be good down to 200 meters. I use mine and they are fine. They even glow in dark light conditions.

For a more elegant ladies watch I am surprised that no one mentioned TAG Heuer. As a Swiss, TAG Heuer is one of the most obvious international brand names in terms of sport watches. They literally sell hundreds of watches, including three sizes that could suit women i.e. unisex, ladies and small ladies. My sister has one and loves it, because she can where it with almost anything. It depends a bit on the model of course, but there are probably over 50 women’s models with bezel available. Of course, a TAG Heuer is a lot more expensive than a Swatch Scuba, but it will last you a life time, whereas a swatch will last you a few years. Check out http://www.tagheuer.com/ for more info on TAG Heuer.

If you really want an expensive looking diving watch, even Rolex makes them with diamonds.

On the other hand, if you want a more functions you can get a small dive computer like the SUUNTO MOSQUITO. I have one and I'm pleased with it. It now comes in different colours, but it's not something you would want to wear all the time.

Personally, I think the TAG Heuer is a great versatile dive watch, because it's so versatile and reliable. While diving, my husband uses his with and the dive computer. When I come to think of it, he hardly wears his other watches anymore. The problem is it's not cheap. It's a great watch to receive as a gift. :wink: Do you have a birthday coming up?

Cheers

Sylvie
from the land of cheese, chocolate and watches

Hmm, I can hear the words my wife says, when she realizes that her $2000 watch has been accidently left on the boat..... :boom:

I thought long and hard before I wore my Tag the 1st time - but I think it loves the water as much as I do.

I agree a great watch!

Becky

M_B once bubbled...
Hmm, I can hear the words my wife says, when she realizes that her $2000 watch has been accidently left on the boat..... :boom:

She can use her TAG Heuer while diving. After all that's what diving watches are made for. If you guys are really worried about forgetting it on the boat, she should simply leave it on all the time. If it's a live a board - she can go so far as to sleep with it. However, I'm not sure that's really necessary. With many people, watches are simply part of every day routine. One takes it off before bed and automatically puts in on again in the morning. It works like that at home, so theoretically it should work like that at a hotel or a live aboard. Right?

All this talk about elegant diving watches now makes me want to have one of my own. I guess it will have to wait a year till my next birtday or till a birthday with a 0 at the end. :wink:

Cheers

Sylvie

Love my Tag. Only watch I need take on a dive trip, looks great on land, I even wear it w/ dress clothes. Just a simple stainless professional series, blue face. Wearing it in my profile pic, not sure if it can be seen to well.... The band can be snapped in 2 positions without taking the whole thing apart - making it convenient to wear over a 7 mil suit, then on bare wrist at the end of the day without fear of losing it.

For other reasonably priced dive watches, check out Technomarine. I think the starting price is around $90 - going up into the $2500 - $3000 range for a womens, diamond bezel, plastic strap -but what a cool lookin watch! I like the neon colors - hot pink & electric blue, nothin shy about them.

Just a final note on dive watches - when the batteries fail, make sure the watch is sent out for replacement. Companies like TAg pressure test after replacement. My jeweler wanted to save me $$ & replace my batteries last time. I explained that I use my watch diving & wanted the assurance that it was properly tested by Tag.

Having batteries replaced can be expensive and inconvenient as well. (Like when you car battery dies, although not at a depth of 100 feet)

There are several companies that make affordable automatic or self-winding watches. Seiko has an outlet store located in Kenosha Wisconsin that ships phone orders. I picked up the "Orange Monster" for $125.00 last month.

I know my Tag can dive with me, but I'm having a tough time wearing a thousand dollar watch diving - I know, I know - most of my equipment is MUCH more than that, but I just cant do it. Not to mention, I prefer diving with my Baby G as its backlit and my eye sight has never been the greatest!

I love my Omega Seamaster. I was torn between the Tag and the Omega, but got the Omega for my bithday from the husband.

I was wondering if you purchased the TAG online or at a store? Sounds like the kind of watch I've been searching for.
Thanks,
Another Jersey lover of diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom