Diving w/Caribbean Explorer II Turk & Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elbee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Any info on the Caribbean Explorer II to Turks & Caicos would be greatly appreciated! I would rather go on liveaboard then a land based operation.:D

Hi there. I have no information for you regarding the destination - but I can share some info regarding the boat. Just got back from a week aboard this boat (Bahamas) and it was fantastic. Can't say enough about the captain, crew, food, general atmosphere aboard, and the organisation. You won't go wrong and by the first day you'll feel part of it all, and will doubtless have been reduced to fits of laughter by the antics of at least one of them. Even their dive briefings can be a comedy act! They are totally professional, will really put you at ease - but you might find yourself laughing way more than you bargained.

The boat isn't exactly the last word in luxury - but as the captain told me 'you get what you pays for' !!

As a point of interest, when pressed - the crew were mostly recommending the Saba & St Kitts voyage. That's not to say the Turks isn't good or wouldn't be the best for you - but these guys opinion must be worth something.

I don't think the Caribbean Explorer II goes to Turks & Caicos. They have the Turks & Caicos Explorer based there. (Which from what I understand is a newer/nicer boat, and the pricing reflects that.)

Thanks for the information. Just got back from Saba loved the island and the diving. Sounds like you had a great time.

Elbee, not sure from your last post if you are still looking for info on the Turks & Caicos Explorer II or not, but I loved that trip. We have been on both the Turks & Caicos Explorer II and on the Caribbean Explorer II (on the Bahamas itinerary). I much prefered the Turks & Caicos trip over the Bahamas trip.

The T&C Exp II boat is laid out much better in my opinion than the CEX II boat. On the CEX II boat there is nowhere to sit in an airconditioned area unless you go to your cabin and sit or lie on your bed. The T&C boat has an airconditioned salon and dining area to hang out in. The T&C boat also just seems a bit more updated and refreshed than the CEX II overall.

As far as the diving, they both have some nice spots but the walls in the Turks were really nice. The only down side to the Turks is that there is not much variety in topography. You will pretty much be looking at walls all week, but again they are gorgeous.

I really enjoyed both trips, but if I to pick I would choose Turks & Caicos Exp II.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom