Diving video from Phuket - feedback welcome

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uwex

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, thanks to some quality "stay home" time with recent events, I finally got time to edit some scuba video from diving Phuket dive sites. All feedback would be very welcome. Stay safe!

(remember to switch to HD quality)

Sweet!

I liked the shot where the fish parted and you see the turtle.

Great job, what software do you use?

Hi, thanks to some quality "stay home" time with recent events, I finally got time to edit some scuba video from diving Phuket dive sites. All feedback would be very welcome. Stay safe!

Why did we have to wait two and a half years for this?? :0

Sweet!

I liked the shot where the fish parted and you see the turtle.

Great job, what software do you use?

Thanks! I liked that reveal too (especially when diving :). The software I use is PowerDirector 365 (more specifically Director Suite 365).

a rare mantis shrimp! I saw one in Cebu P.I. , and all over in the seafood restaurants in water tanks along with lobsters. Crazy looking thing. Basically they taste like lobster and can get up to 18 inches long. usually about a foot. supposedly my buddy said they have razer sharp legs or whatever up front that makes them look like a preying mantis and same tactic to double spear fish and drag into their holes.

nice seahorse, very large octopus, I like this video, and how you isolate everything.

Good video! The turtle reveal was epic and it was exciting to see the octopus and mantis shrimp. A number of shots were underexposed so you would benefit from more powerful video lights or staying shallower to benefit from ambient light. You may also find that slowing down can reduce camera shake and avoid spooking shy subjects.

a rare mantis shrimp! I saw one in Cebu P.I. , and all over in the seafood restaurants in water tanks along with lobsters. Crazy looking thing. Basically they taste like lobster and can get up to 18 inches long. usually about a foot. supposedly my buddy said they have razer sharp legs or whatever up front that makes them look like a preying mantis and same tactic to double spear fish and drag into their holes.

nice seahorse, very large octopus, I like this video, and how you isolate everything.

You can see a lot of Mantis in Cebu at Bohol and also in Moalboal. They do not grow to 18 inches long more like 6 - 8 inches at most.

MANTIS IN HIDING.jpg

You can see a lot of Mantis in Cebu at Bohol and also in Moalboal. They do not grow to 18 inches long more like 6 - 8 inches at most.

View attachment 581182

No offense but thats not true. I have pics that I took and they are somewhere around here with of lots of them in tanks at restaurants individually in 2 liter plastic bottles. they are all 12 plus inches long. 6 to 8 inches is crawdad size. These suckers were BIG. the tails were as large as big lobster tails.

they were all double 6 to 8 inches

In lapu lapu/ mactan/ cebu

No offense but thats not true. I have pics that I took and they are somewhere around here with of lots of them in tanks at restaurants individually in 2 liter plastic bottles. they are all 12 plus inches long. 6 to 8 inches is crawdad size. These suckers were BIG. the tails were as large as big lobster tails.

they were all double 6 to 8 inches

In lapu lapu/ mactan/ cebu

Average ones are not so large.

You must have seen some unusually large ones then.

Good video! The turtle reveal was epic and it was exciting to see the octopus and mantis shrimp. A number of shots were underexposed so you would benefit from more powerful video lights or staying shallower to benefit from ambient light. You may also find that slowing down can reduce camera shake and avoid spooking shy subjects.

Thanks, good feedback. I liked the turtle reveal too :) I know lights were an issue in some shots (when I bought 2x2600 lumens 3 years ago I thought they were like mini-suns :) and I was too lazy to do proper per-clip color calibration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom