Diving trip for January/Christmas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Asanoth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,
we would like to take a 30 days vacation over Christmas going into January, of which we would like to allocate about two weeks to diving. The rest we want to do a land vacation, wildlife focused. It does not matter much where it is in the world.
Our first choice would be the Phillipines - we started diving there and liked it, we also like macro a lot, and after that move to Malaysia and/or Thailand for land part (already visited all three countries).
Another option would be Guatemala and/or Mexico, we would do less diving and more land stuff, the diving in Conzumel is supposedly not comparable to Pacific (plus I do not prefer drift), but seeing a bull shark would be great :) .
We would also think about Colombia, but the diving there is probably even less satisfying than Conzumel.
And last alternative would probably be Western Australia, but diving there is very expensive and we would only be able to do a few days. Plus, not sure about Ningaloo, but we dived GBR (Norman Reef) and it did not really feel like it was worth it. Moreover, it is summer vacation in Australia, which is something I would like to avoid.

In any case, we want nothing crazy expensive like Cocos etc., we could do a shorter liveaboard, but not necessarily and only if it made sense over land based diving wise. I would like to mix in some larger animals, but not really too much of a fan of staring into the blue and waiting for stuff to maybe happen compared to a lively reef full of little creepers. My priority no. 1 are cephalopods, but those are everywhere and nowhere :D

Would you have any tips for me, please?

Thank you.

PS: So far we dove in the Phillipines (Anilao, Balicasag, Ollango, Moalboal, would like to return to Anilao), Thailand (Phi Phi, Haa, from Lanta), GBR (Norman Reef), Komodo (LB), southern Red Sea (LB).
PPS: Actually, had we not need to go In January, my first choice would be the Madagascar and screw diving, and second probably Peru. But we need to do January, otherwise we would also consider Sabah, especially given land stuff.

Back
Top Bottom