Diving this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keeping my fingers crossed for monterey sat or sun.All depends if my wife feels up to it.I was looking to dive breakwater ,lovers or maybe monestary depending on conditions.

Does anybody have any reports of the conditions/vis around monterey lately.If you do please share

Hey Ben,

Looking for a dive buddy?

...logged 50 dives, Rescue Diver cert--and I dive a BP and Wings (Halcyon). Am also looking forward to DIRF if they actually have a course in Nov-Dec.

Drop me a line at jpzeroday@hotmail.com...

May be interested in diving Sun 11-3-02. Let me know!

jpzero once bubbled...
Hey Ben,

Looking for a dive buddy?

...logged 50 dives, Rescue Diver cert--and I dive a BP and Wings (Halcyon). Am also looking forward to DIRF if they actually have a course in Nov-Dec.

Drop me a line at jpzeroday@hotmail.com...

May be interested in diving Sun 11-3-02. Let me know!

I am also looking into the DIRF class in Nov/Dec at mantaray.I really look forward to it if i get to take it.I have just recently switched to a halcyon BP/wing set up.Gear wise i am DIR compliant,well i will be once my bottom timer/vytec comes in next week.

Maybe we can practice some skills before the class if your interrested.Let me know.I know i need the practice.....lol.Take it easy!!

Bought J.Jablonski's Fundamentals of Better Diving book. Would love opportunity to go practice some of those skills with a buddy(ies) at an easy spot like Breakwater.

jpzero once bubbled...
Bought J.Jablonski's Fundamentals of Better Diving book. Would love opportunity to go practice some of those skills with a buddy(ies) at an easy spot like Breakwater.

Let me know when is good for you.Im off till next sunday so any day will probably be good for me except wed(wifes b-day) and thurs(my aussie wife has an INS appt).If anybody else wants to get together drop a line.By the way that is a great book.I have read mine about 3 times now......lol.

I hooked up with Jon (jpzero) on Sunday as my first ever Scubaboard member dive buddy. Jon has an almost identical rig to mine - 36lb Pioneer, and it was great to dive with another DIR diver for a change. Had two great dives 56 mins each at the Breakwater - visibility was in excess of 30 feet, possibly 40. Had the best sealion encounter yet at the end of the Breakwater, with one sealion coming up and peering into our masks literally inches from our face, eye-to-eye. Rescued a decorator crab with a case of monofilament entanglement, and took a trip out to the metridium fields, spotting my first Dendronotus Iris nudibranch on the way, a monster about 12" long.

Here's a pic I found on the web of one:

http://siolibrary.ucsd.edu/slugsite/pacific/irisw.html

A couple of other highlights stood out, like some Dock shrimp, which I'd only seen a couple of times:

http://www.lumigenic.com/photo/pages/594U37.bio.html

Also some live abalone (nice to see for a change), an unidentified eel, lots of crabs, including a pair of duelling decorator crabs only a few inches across. Also found an *old* clear wine bottle, which I left in situ, which had a number of resident bivalve clams inside of it, too big to fit through the opening! Apparently they had wandered in as juveniles, and hung around a little too long. There was a couple of dead shells in there as well, so it must have been there for a while. Also what looked like a mola mola or sunfish carcass, with a suspicious dinnerplate shaped chomp missing out of it. We also dropped in and said hello to a large lingcod that lives out near the metridium fields - hopefully no-one decides to harvest him, as he is a known resident that we were given directions to visit, and he was right where he was supposed to be.

Thanks to Jon for providing transport and a buddy, and Aquarius Dive Shop for the airfills :eek:ut:

Ben

Back
Top Bottom