diving this week?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

badfrog

Reaction score
Hello all, first post here:
I am planning to arrive Cozumel on Wednesday this week. Anyone knows what the dive condition might be? reading an earlier post, it says the wind was up to 65mph. That should kick up some dirt to affect the viz. I am just wondering how bad and how long will the viz be affected.
Thanks for any tips and happy diving!!

Welcome to the Board. Look, the weather and visibility will be just fine. You are going to have a great time. Just make sure you remember to pack all your gear. I wish I was going.

Thank you!
still need to persuade few more buddies yet. :06:

badfrog:
Hello all, first post here:
I am planning to arrive Cozumel on Wednesday this week. Anyone knows what the dive condition might be? reading an earlier post, it says the wind was up to 65mph. That should kick up some dirt to affect the viz. I am just wondering how bad and how long will the viz be affected.
Thanks for any tips and happy diving!!

The current that passes between Cozumel and the mainland very quickly sweeps away any particulates in the water that wind/wave action may stir up. Once the disturbance has passed the viz is back to normal in a day or two.

the 65 mph winds were just during the passing of hurricand Ivan, from what i hear everything is back to normal. we were there just before Ivan passed and the weather was beautiful, the water was warm 82 degrees-ish and the vis was the usual wonderful clearness, the plankton was heavy at times, but the vis was anywhere from 70-100+ at all times except on Punta Sur where it was bad at the surface but cleared up once you got below 40'.
Send an e-mail to Christi at www.bluextseadivers.com she's one of the dive ops down there, she'll let you know what it's been like after the passing of Ivan, but I'd bet it's just fine.
hey...tell your buddies to pack their gear and go get wet!!!!!!!!!!

We could not go because one of the buddies developed a lung infection. So we will delay the trip for a while. Good thing we did not put any money down and able to draw back quickly. I will have to settle for some cold water diving in northern California.

Thank you very much for the info, and a warm welcome. :)

Back
Top Bottom