Diving the St Croix pier off the Rorqual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mariesonny

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We just got back from a dive trip to St Croix on the Nekton Rorqual. The pier at St Croix absolutely made the trip. The Bonaire town pier dive pales by comparison.

The pier is huge and it was all there at the St Croix pier. Octopus, seahorses, frog fish.....and on the Rorqual we got in 5 dives that day at the pier. Most of the rest of the diving was just OK but then again we saw it all on this trip. Turtles every dive, eagle rays, seahorses....Even on a poor dive day with bad visibility we found 3 harlequin pipefish. I would have liked to have dived the north side walls of St Croix more but the winds would not allow it.

The trip is also fairly inexpensive by liveaboard standards. The Rorqual will not be back there again for a while but it might be a trip for folks to consider in the future.

Has anyone else out there done a dive at this pier? I had never heard of it prior to us taking this trip. We had read undercurrents reviews about the pier before we went but I don't recall it ever being featured or written about in any dive magazines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom