Diving the Springs: Good, Bad.. And the Ugly!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sorry to say, but these stories are really scaring me away from going to these places. North Florida springs have always been on my bucket list, but now, I'm not so sure... :shakehead:

Well, I am sorry to have painted such a bleak picture. Perhaps I should highlighted more of the 'Good' in my first post. Most local divers know how to avoid the teaming hoards of crazies at the springs. You can easily hit places like Ginnie on most week days and have the place almost to yourself.

My biggest concern is that these irresponsible divers will cause or contribute to yet another fatality. This perpetuates the dialogue that diving in the springs, caverns and caves and is unsafe. Its the morons competing for a Darwin award that will likely ruin it for the rest of us.

Jeff, you should come on down to dive in our springs. They are a wonderful resource. With a little notice, I bet we could find a guide or dive buddy if needed.

Anywhere there are divers and you'll find people exceeding reasonable limits. Most escape unharmed. Add in non-divers and you'll see people do all sorts of stupid stuff.

I'm sorry to say, but these stories are really scaring me away from going to these places. North Florida springs have always been on my bucket list, but now, I'm not so sure... :shakehead:
Whenever you're ready to check off your bucket list let me know and I'll guide you to some of the best springs that North Florida has to offer.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom