Diving the Maldives in January 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Real nice!
I recognised some of the sites (pretty sure that juvenile eagle ray is the one from Kudarah in South Ari where I was working - it was still there when I left in January).

Otherwise how is the RX100VA for filming? How is the overheating issue in 4K (I shoot less than 30 second clips, but not sure how quickly it would heat up) and also do you get vignetting in wide with the Inon wide angle?
I'm thinking of getting one (in a Fantasea housing) to complement my Lumix LX10 (which is in a heavier Nauticam, quite a brick in the water).

cheers
b

Amazing. Can't wait get travel more when the Wuhan calms down.

Real nice!
I recognised some of the sites (pretty sure that juvenile eagle ray is the one from Kudarah in South Ari where I was working - it was still there when I left in January).

Otherwise how is the RX100VA for filming? How is the overheating issue in 4K (I shoot less than 30 second clips, but not sure how quickly it would heat up) and also do you get vignetting in wide with the Inon wide angle?
I'm thinking of getting one (in a Fantasea housing) to complement my Lumix LX10 (which is in a heavier Nauticam, quite a brick in the water).

cheers
b

Thanks! And yes, it was the juvenile eagle ray at Kudarah ;-)

I only had an overheating warning once in filming with it for 2 years. That was after snorkeling with a whaleshark for an hour and filming almost nonstop in 4k. So it's pretty much a non-issue.
No vignetting with the Inon lenses; I use the ones made for cameras with 24mm lenses. Pretty sure you won't getting any with the standard ones for 28mm either though, at least not when filming.
Overall a great camera for filming considering its size and prize.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom