Diving the Dead Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Recently, I was sharing with some people about a trip i had taken to Israel. I was trying to share with everyone all of the places I had visited. Anyway, this guy proceeds to tell me i should have went diving there :06: Thinking surely this guy must be thinking of something different- I try to tell him why U can't dive the Dead Sea. Long story short, his very good friend has dove there....and it is a really great diving spot.

He continually cut me off so I left him to finish the story he was sharing. i thought it would be rude to try and interupt him again, lol.

So I was thinking if any of you SBers have been there you might like to share your experience.
:baaa:

yes! lovely fishes, first time open water something to remember. lovely weather. annoying people... sharm el sheikh, u know where the bombs where hit... well the underwater world is fantastic!!!! Also another great place i've heard is Indonisia. Try some! soz, just realised... dead not red; nehow, red is great, dunno bout dead... must try...

aquaoren:
Mostlikely, He ment the Red Sea. :wink:
Probably, but I did see the PBS show on the Dead Sea, and there was a guy diving it (to clean off the Salt on the bottom of the boat and off the prop). You should of seen how much weight he had to wear. Yikes

I don't think anything can grow in salt can it?

Man....the flames i could give about overweighted divers there!!! :)

I saw the PBS show as well. The vis was actually pretty good, nothing at all grows in the water so no algae or other plant/animal life to murk up the water. The guy that did dive it had to take lots of precautions when diving. One things for sure, you are not going to see any fish....recon that's the reason they call it the Dead Sea? :)

Back
Top Bottom